AMD EPYC™ 9004 Series Processors
What if you could have both leadership performance and energy efficiency?1 When you choose 4th Gen AMD EPYCTM processors you can use up to 96 cores per processor to drive faster time to results, achieve quicker insights, and enjoy better business outcomes. For performance per watt, you get an estimated 24% more integer performance2 and ~52% more floating-point performance3 than our previous CPU generation at the same core count4.
Moving just a few servers to AMD EPYCTM CPUs can make a big impact. Imagine what moving a data centre to AMD EPYCTM processor-powered servers could do for the planet. It’s easy to switch because we take the mystery out of x86 CPU selection. Just choose the core count, frequency, and cache size you need—memory capacity, security features, I/O bandwidth, and more are included at no additional cost.
Benefits of AMD EPYC™ 9004 Series Processors
- Refresh and consolidate – cut 16 servers down to 35
- General-purpose server leadership – gain 3x the cloud throughput6
- Advance high-performance computing performance – gain 2.5x the floating-point performance7
- Cut CO2 equivalent emissions – save up to 234 metric tons over 3 years8
- Advance energy efficiency goals – with 2x the top-of-stack performance per watt9
- Advance your IT investment – with est. ~55% more integer and est. ~96% more floating-point performance per core10
AMD are also dedicated to creating sustainable solutions. Their high-performance processors power the servers for modern data centres, personal computers, game consoles, industrial devices and more. Their technologies help open possibilities for creators, researchers, inventors and explorers to tackle some of the world’s toughest challenges. That’s why they are focused on creating the next generation of products that will positively benefit society and the planet.
Their environmental programs and initiatives extend across their value chain, including AMD operations, supply chain manufacturing and product stewardship. They set ambitious goals and publicly report on their progress annually. They also engage with industry peers, government regulators, civil society organizations and other groups to advance environmental stewardship.
AMD’s 2025/2030 Goals
- 50 percent reduction in absolute GHG emissions from AMD operations (2020 to 2030)
- 30x increase in energy efficiency for AMD processors and accelerators powering servers for artificial intelligence-training and high-performance computing (2020-2025)
- 100 percent of our manufacturing suppliers have public GHG emissions reduction goals (2020-2025)
- 80 percent of our manufacturing suppliers source renewable energy (2020-2025)
- Comparing servers with two 64-core AMD EPYC 9534 vs two 64-core AMD EPYC 7763
- https://www.amd.com/en/claims/epyc4#SP5-016A https://www.amd.com/en/claims/epyc4#SP5-025A